- Fires are typically caused by short-circuits in the racking storage and retrieval vehicle, live cables or switch cabinets
- Cardboard, paper, plastic film, oil and wooden pallets all contribute to a high fire load
- Rack heights of up to 40 m and the narrow aisles create ideal conditions for dynamic fire propagation (chimney effect)
- Rising combustion gases heat and ignite the goods stored at higher levels
- Only minutes are required for fire penetration right up to the underside of the warehouse ceiling
- Smoke and soot contaminate other goods stored in the vicinity
- Very restricted access for fire fighting due to
- The height and density of the stored goods
- Immobile storage and retrieval vehicles
- Falling objects
- Narrow approach routes
- In addition to the undesirable disruption to operations, a fire often results in a total write-off and environmental damage
Modern high-bay warehouses, with their compact design, their height and densely stored goods create ideal conditions for rapid fire propagation. In the worst case, the fire department faces a hopeless task. So prevention has to be a first priority.
- To maintain delivery capability and goods availability without interruptions
- No damage to the goods and systems by fire, soot or the water used to put out the fire
- Permanent fire safety without restricting staff movements, use of the building, or influencing the goods and flow of goods
A customer-specific fire safety package from a single-source vendor: ranging from the OxyReduct® fire prevention system on its own, or the highly sensitive TITANUS® early-warning fire detection system in combination with OxyReduct®, with the FirExting® fire-fighting system as a rapid mitigation measure, to integrated hazard management using VisuLAN®.
OxyReduct® fire prevention system
Immediate reduction in oxygen content - immediate increase in safety: fires have no chance against OxyReduct®
TITANUS® high sensitivity early-warning fire detection
up to 2000 times more sensitive than traditional smoke detectors
FirExting® fire-fighting system
Fire extinguishing using chemical and inert gases
Hazard Management system - VisuLAN®
Perfectly organised and comprehensive set of system management views
Phoenix Mecano Kecskemét Kft.
Phoenix Mecano chose the OxyReduct® fire prevention system with VPSA technology for its newly built high-bay storage warehouse in Kecskemét, Hungary.
The VPSA technology generates the nitrogen required for the oxygen reduction climate-friendly and cost-effective directly from the ambient air.